We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual to take on the role of freelance Finance Manager. You will be responsible for assisting the Artistic Director/CEO in the financial management of the company. You will oversee the effective operation of the company’s finances and in particular be responsible for the producing of quarterly management accounts and liaising with external accountants to produce annual independently examined accounts.
- To prepare annual budgets and forecasts in liaison with the Artistic Director and Board
- To prepare quarterly management accounts for the Board with explanatory notes
- To prepare and monitor the organisation’s cashflow
- To attend Board Meetings and present the financial reports
- To complete and file the Annual Returns and other documents for the Charity Commission
- To provide the financial data for the Annual Submission to the Arts Council
- To liaise with the company’s accountants in the preparation of the financial accounts
- To liaise with the organisation’s banks where appropriate
- To advise the Artistic Director and the Board on the implementation of new accounting regulations and amendments to existing regulations in relation to VAT (when applicable), Statements of Recommended Practice, Charity Fund accounting and similar
- To assist staff responsible for preparing financial project reports for funding bodies
- To ensure the internal administrative systems for the recording of purchase invoices, petty cash, payroll and income and expenditure are followed
- To regularly review and update financial systems
- To produce the year end draft accounts and liaise with external accountants
- To provide any financial reports requested by funders and the Artistic Director in relation to fundraising where needed.
- To develop and maintain the company’s finance policies in liaison with the Artistic Director and Board of Trustees
- To attend staff meetings when required
- To be a proactive member of the company’s team
- To remain up to date with the company’s activities and act as an ambassador for their work as appropriate
- To undertake any training the Artistic Director or Board might consider necessary
Accountability and Management
- The Finance Manager will be accountable to and will be managed by the Artistic Director and the Board of Trustees
- Knowledge of Sage Instant Accounts and Sage Payroll
- Knowledge of charity funding accounting
- Excellent IT skills, Excel in particular
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven experience in financial management, budgeting, financial systems and reporting
Desirable Interests and Experience
- An understanding and interest in theatre and learning disability work
- An awareness of the company’s work
- Knowledge of charity trustees’ responsibilities in relation to finance in the Arts sector
- Some form of accounting qualification/s or business degree and previous experience of a similar role
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £25.00 per hour
This is a freelance position and you are therefore responsible for your own tax and National Insurance
Responsible to: Artistic Director/CEO and the Board of Trustees
Hours: This is a part-time position (approximately 2 days per month. Normal office hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm with a lunch break. There may be a requirement to work occasional evenings (for Board meetings etc).
Probationary Period: 6 months
Notice Period: 8 weeks
Please read the job description and person specification within the Recruitment Pack carefully. Applications should be made by submitting the application form, explaining what attracts you to this position and in no more than two sides of A4, evidence of your ability to meet the criteria outlined above.
In addition, please include your CV and complete the equal opportunities form.
Please address your application to Jen Sumner Artistic Director; [email protected] no later than 12.00pm noon on Thursday 24 January 2019.
Should you require a large print version of this pack or have other access needs, please contact us on: [email protected] and we will assist.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 24 January 2019 – 12.00pm noon.
Successful applicants will be notified about receiving an interview on Friday 25 January 2019
Interviews: To be held on the morning of Wednesday 30 January 2019
Download: Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form 2019
Trackback URL: http://hubbubtheatre.org/finance-manager-wanted/trackback/