Hubbub Theatre Company are an exciting integrated physical theatre company working with actors with moderate learning disabilities. Hubbub creates original devised work for indoor and outdoor performance and has performed at high profile venues and events in the East Midlands. The company is in an exciting phase of development thanks to Arts Council Elevate funding and this is an ideal time to get involved with and expanding and developing theatre company.
Following GfA success, Hubbub Theatre Company has recently launched ‘LaunchPad’ – a 10 month Foundation Level Actor Training programme for adults with moderate learning disabilities. This is a 2 day a week training programme which includes a Research and Development process for Hubbub’s next show and collaboration with leading regional and national theatre companies leading to a Devised Integrated Physical Theatre one day event to be held in Derby in June 2018 in partnership with Deda and Derby Theatre.
Hubbub Theatre Company also offers an expanding ‘Get Involved’ programme of weekly classes, workshops and theatrical club night events.
To support the marketing, audience development and recruitment to the company’s expanding programme of work, we are looking for a skilled, dynamic and enthusiastic Marketing and Audience Development Co-ordinator to join our small, friendly team.
The role will include:
- Collaborating with the Hubbub team and partners to consider the challenges around audience development and recruitment for work involving people with learning disabilities and to generate creative ways to approach these challenges.
- Responsibility for effective delivery of the marketing plan for the company’s programme of work, meeting deadlines and evaluating impact.
- Creating and delivering MailChimps, Social Media campaigns, simple flyers and creative marketing strategies.
- Supporting the company with day to day enquiries and communications.
- Additional administrative tasks as required by a small theatre company team managing an exciting and expanding programme of work.
The ideal candidate(s) will meet the following criteria:
- Have exceptional organisational skills
- Be an excellent communicator, in both verbal and written form.
- Have up to date skills and experience in social media, mailchimp, wordpress.
- Have some graphic design skills and be familiar with InDesign.
- Have experience of successfully delivering the operational side of a marketing plan.
- Have experience of getting design to print accurately and on time.
- Be an excellent team player
- Be calm and creative when faced with challenges
- Have experience of organising and working on a team’s shared drive including managing calendars and in-house communications.
- Have some experience of working within a small theatre company or creative team
Have experience, or a keen interest, in working with people with learning disabilities.The role is 3 days a week. Salary £25,000 pro-rata. The role can be freelance or a part time contract and this will be discussed with candidates who are invited to interview.The successful applicant will be required to start in Jan 2018 and there will be an initial 6 month contract, to be reviewed in June 2018. We welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds, with and without disabilities.
To apply: Please download the documents below and then email your application and equal opportunities forms to Jo Kemp, Director of Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org along with an up to date CV and 2 referees.
If you have any questions about the post please email email@example.com and a response be provided as soon as possible. Closing date for applications is Tues 5th December midnight.
Interviews for successful applicants: Wed 13th December in Derby.
www.hubbubtheatre.org | firstname.lastname@example.org | 01332 742587
Kings Chambers, 34 Queen Street, Derby, DE1 3DS
Registered Charity Number 1164103