We’re delighted to announce that we have received Arts Council England funding to support the development of our next project, The Drum.
The Drum will see us creatively collaborate with Gecko to develop a new touring production. The project will also allow us to actively disseminate our integrated methodology, and develop and share our increasingly ambitious artistic opportunities for people with learning disabilities in theatre in the East Midlands. The funding also allows us to develop our organisation further and includes the recruitment of a new Senior Producer.
Through this project, and with our ever-strengthening reputation for accessible and effective actor training for adults with learning disabilities, we also aim to increase our training and theatre touring profile, our administrative resilience and our sector influence, with the aim of joining ACE’s National Portfolio in 2022.
This is an exciting time for an experienced and passionate Senior Producer to join a progressive company with a strong reputation for excellent work in the East Midlands and a truly exciting opportunity for a creative professional looking for a new challenge with a company on the rise.
The Senior Producer Will:
- Develop and deliver a recruitment drive, attracting and retaining talented adults with learning disabilities in the region to train and work with the company.
- Develop and deliver an audience development and participation strategy and plan for The Drum
- Work with the Artistic Director to deliver on the Business Plan and input into strategic planning.
- Work with the Artistic Director to develop partnerships and find new collaborations.
- With the Artistic Director, build and develop funding strategies and make applications as required.
- Manage and co-ordinate day-to-day financial and management operations cross company, scheduling and communications.
- Line manage freelance staff attached to projects.
- Administrate company outputs and manage office systems.
- Support, promote and develop company character, aims and ambitions, representing Hubbub at events and conferences and seeking to build on the company’s excellent regional and national reputation.
- Report to the Board as required.
- Act at all times in furtherance of the aims and values of the company.
Working with the Artistic Director the Senior Producer will:
- Lead, manage and evaluate the implementation of the organisations’ overall strategy and business plan, initially up to July 2020. Ensuring that it is discussed and approved by the Hubbub board and effectively communicated and understood by the organisations’ staff and stakeholders.
- Lead on all fundraising research and operations including applications to trusts and foundations, sponsorship, Arts Council and other funding sources.
- Establish achievable income targets on a yearly basis working in collaboration with the Artistic Director and Finance Manager.
- Lead on the timely and appropriate recommendation and development of new business/income generation ideas and models and oversee their implementation and successful delivery.
Finance, Administration and Legal
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Finance Manager to ensure efficient and solvent financial management of the company including the preparation of annual budgets and financial plans and the development and management of financial controls, systems and procedures.
- To manage the organisation’s overall expenditure, ensuring it is in line with agree
- To lead the review of monthly and quarterly management accounts in consultation with the Finance Manager.
- To lead the preparation and filing of the annual and management accounts, as required and manage auditing process as needed.
- To liaise with funders and partners on monitoring and evaluation and financial reports as required.
- To lead on all major contractual arrangements including statutory agreements, partnership arrangements and contracting of staff and freelancers
- To ensure that all Hubbub policies are regularly updated and reviewed by the Board, to generate new policy for approval as needed and that procedures are followed and implemented at all times.
- To oversee and regularly update the Company Risk document.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant employment legislation, to maintain adequate insurance policies and to ensure that Hubbub upholds the highest standards of health and safety procedures.
- To assist the Board to develop its membership.
- To service the Board of Trustees through the provision of clear and accurate papers and documentation so Trustees are able to make informed decisions.
- To be responsible for the submission of all Charities Commission reporting documentation.
- To attend all Board meetings, to provide adequate reports to the Board in good time for meetings and prepare all information/logistics necessary.
Stakeholder Management and Advocacy
- To manage the relationship with all stakeholders sponsors and funding bodies, in particular Arts Council England and Derby City Council as principal funders and ensure all obligations of funding are fulfilled.
- To be a public advocate for Hubbub and the wider learning disability theatre sector including representing the organisation at sectoral-related events nationally and internationally as appropriate.
Leadership and HR
- To inspire and work with all staff to maintain and develop effective management and employment policies and practices encouraging and supporting high standards of work from actors, participants, creative associates and employees.
- To ensure that the best practice in terms of equal opportunities and the mainstreaming of diversity and inclusion is at the heart of the organisation .
- To undertake line management responsibilities including taking the lead role in all HR matters across the organisation including supporting the recruitment and development of volunteers
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Marketing and Audience Development Co-Ordinator, support the development of the ongoing relevant organisational marketing and PR strategy.
- To ensure ongoing effective brand development for the organisation and its programme.
- To support the development of the organisation’s digital capacity and presence
- To carry out any other duties consistent with the role of Senior Producer, as and when agreed, with the Artistic Director and/or required by the Board of Trustees.
Accountability and Management
- The Senior Producer will be accountable to and will be managed by the Artistic Director and the Board of Trustees.
Terms and Conditions
Salary | £30,000 P.A (pro rata). Fixed term, 12 month contract for a 0.8 post.
Responsible to | Artistic Director/CEO and the Board of Trustees
Hours | This is a part-time position (approximately 30 hours per week), with extra hours required during busy periods and TOIL given in recompense.
Normal office hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm with a lunch break. There may be a requirement to work occasional evenings (for Board Meetings etc).
Pension | Auto-enrolment via NEST with 3% employer, 5% employee contribution.
Location | This role will be based at the Hubbub Theatre Company’s Office, Déda, 19 Chapel Street, Cathedral Quarter, Derby, DE1 3GU, with some opportunity to work remotely.
Probationary Period | One-month probationary period during which seven days’ notice is required on either side.
Notice Period | Once past the six months probationary period a one month’s notice period applies.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 27 June 2019 – 12.00pm, noon.
Interviews planned for Thursday 04 July 2019 – times TBC
Please read the job description and person specification within the Recruitment Pack carefully. Applications should be made by submitting the application form, explaining what attracts you to this position and in no more than two sides of A4, evidence of your ability to meet the criteria outlined above.
In addition, please include your CV and complete the equal opportunities form, which you can link to below:
Please address your application to Jen Sumner Artistic Director and email to: [email protected] and return no later than 12.00pm, noon on Thursday 27 June 2019.
Should you require a large print version of this pack or have other access needs, please contact us on: [email protected] or call us on: 01332 374 662 and we will assist.
Trackback URL: http://hubbubtheatre.org/senior-producer-wanted/trackback/