We are looking to recruit a physical theatre performer for the Creative Development of our next touring production The Drum working with Gecko’s Associate Director, Helen Baggett who will be the Movement Collaborator.
Funded primarily by Arts Council England and The Garfield Weston Foundation, The Drum explores themes of sharing, building stronger communities and reducing isolation, particularly amongst people with learning disabilities.
The successful performer will work with Hubbub Theatre Company in an integrated physical theatre ensemble.
It is essential that the performer has:
- Excellent physical theatre/movement skills
- Experience in devising as part of a physical theatre ensemble
- A genuine interest in devising work with a social agenda
- Experience, or a keen interest in working with actors with learning disabilities in an integrated ensemble
- A willingness to work in new ways
- An openness and acceptance of others and different ways of communicating
- A sense of humour and the capacity to be a key part of a supportive and creative ensemble
- Any additional music, vocal, circus skills would be an advantage.
The Drum process will also allow us to actively document and share our rehearsal approach, and develop and share our increasingly ambitious artistic opportunities for people with learning disabilities in theatre. This role could potentially open up opportunities for training, development and touring with the company.
Terms and Conditions
A fixed fee of £1,000, with £500 for travel and accommodation.
You will need to be available for the following 10 days:
- Thursday 14 November – Saturday 16 November 2019
- Thursday 6 February – Saturday 8 February 2020
- Tuesday 23 June – Friday 26 June 2020
There will be a second phase of work in Autumn 2020 with touring in Spring 2021. It is hoped that the successful performer would join us for this phase of work too, funding permitting.
Deadline for Applications | Friday 18 October 2019 – 12.00pm, noon.
Successful applicants will be notified about receiving an interview and attending the workshop on Monday 21 October.
Workshop & Interviews | Friday 25 October 2019 – Déda, 19 Chapel Street, Cathedral Quarter, Derby, DE1 3GU
Hubbub is a committed to an equal opportunities policy in its employment practices with the aim of ensuring that everyone who applies to work with us receives fair treatment. To help us to achieve this we ask that you please complete the monitoring form. This information will not be used as part of the recruitment process however we do ask on the application form if you have any access needs for interview.
Applications should be made by submitting your application form, explaining what attracts you to working with Hubbub and in no more than two sides of A4, evidence of your suitability to work with the ensemble. Applications can be supported by videos and photos.
In addition, please include your CV and complete the Equal Opportunities Form, which you can link to below:
Applications to | Emma Fowler, Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 12.00pm, noon on Friday 18 October 2019.
Informal chats with Artistic Director, Jen are also welcomed pre-application on 01332 374 665.